Cancer Can't shield itself from the immune system Anymore
- We’ve found–and patented–a novel and potent way to disable the ability of Treg to protect cancer
- Enhancing the immune system’s ability to infiltrate and destroy cancer
SRCs are master regulators of the genome
First discovered in O’Malley lab
300 publications since 1995
Steroid Receptor Activators (SRCs) activate groups of genes to achieve the following physiological outcomes:
SRC-1 regulates gluconeogenesis and appetite
SRC-2 regulates lipid metabolism and storage
SRC-3 regulates growth and immunity and controls gene expression
CoRegen works in the nucleus, allowing desired outcomes without typical side effects. Our genetically engineered Treg cells:
Are phenotypically altered without fully inhibiting their immune checkpoint function
No longer protect cancer cells specifically in the tumor microenvironment
- Infused engineered Treg infiltrates into tumors
- Cancer-killing immune cells are now able to enter tumors
- The combined actions of Treg and immune effector cells eliminate tumors
Why it works
Employs a unique mechanism of action
1. CoRegen targets SRC-3
Targeting the SRC-3 nuclear protein enables broad changes in protein expression that impact the immune system’s ability to engage and attack cancer cells
2. Blocks Treg activity
3. Engineered Treg cells:
- Functionally dominate normal Treg within tumors but not in the rest of the body, supporting normal Treg functionality outside of the tumor.
- Express much larger amounts (~20x) of a key cytokine receptor (IL2RA) that aggressively recruits engineered Treg into tumors.
- Produce large amounts of IFNγ (10x) which causes a large influx of anti-tumor immune effector cells (CD8/CD4 and NK) into tumors.
- Produce significantly more perforin (9x) and granzymes (6x) that drive the destruction of cancer cells in the tumor.
- Increased T memory cell population after engineered Treg treatment.
4. Shown to be safe and non toxic
Not known to cause a cytokine storm or apparent toxicity in animal models.